WAYS YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
If you are interested in helping Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue care for abandoned, abused, and homeless cats and kittens, here are some great ways to help:
If you are unable to donate at this time, consider fostering or volunteering. It can be one of the most fulfilling and rewarding experiences you will ever have.
8 Ways to Help Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue
1. Donate money. Hold a fundraising drive at your office, church, amongst your friends. Even asking for $5 from each person you know will quickly add up and be a tremendous help to the shelter!
2. Print out a couple of copies of the Shelter Flyer. Take these to the stores you shop in & drive past. Ask them if you can hang the flyer in their window. This helps us get our name out there & bring in potential adopters.
3. Have a Facebook page, or Twitter account? Write up a post/tweet letting your friends know what you think about the shelter, the things you think make it great. Tell them to come visit, donate, and even possibly adopt! Ask five of your friends to visit our website & donate $5, then tell them to each tell 5 more friends to visit & donate, then they tell 5 friends, you get the idea. If everyone helps spread the word, all those seemingly small donations will quickly add up.
4. Ask your local grocery store/pet store if you can have a food drive for the shelter in front of their store for a couple of hours. We have pre-printed little lists that you can hand out to each patron as they come in the door and it shows items we need. Each person can buy an item or two and leave them with you at a bin in the front of the store. Lots of people like to buy a material object to donate, as opposed to giving money. We're just giving them the opportunity to donate to us! It only takes a couple of hours and you get to extoll the many virtues of the RMFR. This is also a great event for our younger volunteers to participate in.
5. Do you happen to know anyone who owns their own company? The RMFR needs more corporate sponsorships, the more companies we can get the better, and this is one of the biggest ways you can help us right now. One of the biggest barriers is we just don't get in touch with the decision maker. If you know someone who might be willing to donate, you can talk to them yourselves & ask for a donation, any amount helps. Or, just send their information to Amanda Dutka at Amanda_Dutka@yahoo.com and one of the RMFR's board members can get in touch with them and also outline the benefits to their company of being a corporate sponsor. Companies can help the RMFR on many levels, not just monetary donations. If you know someone but they can't donate money right now, they can do an employee food drive for the shelter.
6. BINGO! Yep, I said Bingo! Many of you know the RMFR has 2 weekly bingo games that we run, and this is one of the biggest, most consistent fundraisers we have. We count on bingo for a lot of things, and we always need volunteers to help run the games. It's pretty much an instant win for the shelter because people love to play bingo. It's an easy sell and makes a lot of money for our kitties. If you're interested in volunteering, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you in touch with Gayle Bradbeer for Wednesday Night Bingo or Val Searles for Sunday Night Bingo. You MUST be a Member of RMFR in order to volunteer for Bingo.
7. Are you a tech-savvy movie director deep down inside you? Bring your camera and take some videos down at the shelter. Maybe you'll catch something funny, or you can create a collage of all the cute kitties that need a home and we'll post it on YouTube. YouTube is a great way to spread the word about the shelter. Come on, who doesn't admit to searching 'cute kitten videos' every now & again when you're surfing the internet? Who knows, your video creation could be the next Viral Video!
8. If none of these ideas suit you, but you have other suggestions and would be willing to help head it up, please email Amanda_Dutka@yahoo.com and we can work on it together.
Recycle Your Ink Cartridges:
Collect used computer cartridges such as large commercial printer cartridges, toner cartridges, desk top printer cartridges from inkjet or laser printers from your home, school or business.
Call Laser Concepts at 303-466-0900 for a pick-up and tell them to send the money for the used cartridges to Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue. Laser Concepts will send a check to the shelter each month.
Donate Your Car:
RMFR is registered with Cars For Charity, a car donation program. Donating your car to RMFR allows the shelter to benefit from the proceeds from selling your vehicle while you avoid the hassle. Donations are completely tax deductible. If you live in Colorado, please visit Cars For Charity While we are not listed in their non-profit list on their site, we are a benefiting charity. Forms can be downloaded from their website. Once the paperwork is complete, the process takes 1-2 weeks.
Use GoodSearch.com when you search the internet. ItÂs run by Yahoo and you can designate a charity that will receive money for every search. Just enter Animal Rescue and Adoption Society (ID # 26345) for us to receive credit for the searches done if you are not using the Custom ARAS toolbar.
The new Animal Rescue and Adoption Society toolbar:
We have something new and exciting we'd like
to share with you! It's the new Animal Rescue and Adoption Society toolbar -
once added to IE, Firefox or Chrome, each time you shop at more than 1,300
stores (from Amazon to Zazzle!) a percentage of your purchase will
automatically be donated to Animal Rescue and Adoption Society - at no cost
to you (and you may even save money as the toolbar provides coupons and
deals as well!). The toolbar also has a search box and each time you search
the Internet, about a penny is donated to Animal Rescue and Adoption
And please pass this along to all of your friends. The two minutes it takes
to add this toolbar to your browser can make a lifetime of difference!
Ultimate Gift Registry:
Come see our Wish List at UltimateRegistry.com, a philanthropic program
which allows charities, non-profits and causes to create a "Wish List"
registry with all the products that their organization needs most. All you
have to do is register on UltimateRegistry.com and choose Animal Rescue and
Adoption Society during registration. After this, we will earn 2% on all
purchases you make at UltimateRegistry.com. You can choose from millions of
products at the lowest prices.
Shop at igive.com By registering through shops that give and designating ARAS as your charity, we receive a percentage of your purchase. Over 700 brand name stores participate in their donation program. Click
HERE to see a list of participating stores. igive now has a search feature. Search igive, help RMFR!