Loving and committed adopters are critical to the mission of Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue.
RMFR houses cats with a variety of stories -- being rescued from a shed as a kitten, thrown into the streets, or requiring extra attention for medical and emotional needs. Each of them dreams of choosing their perfect family.
Some would love playmates at home, and others dream of being the only child lavished with all of your attention. Every rescued cat has a unique dream of a purrfect forever family. Who will be the newest member of your family?
Take a moment to See Our Cats available on Petfinder.
We do not have public adoption hours at the shelter at this time, but we are still facilitating adoptions through our partnering PetSmart and Chuck and Don's stores. See location details below.
For more information about our adoptable cats in foster care, please contact our Foster Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 Kitten (under 4 months) - $120
2 Kittens (under 4 months) - $170
Teen (5-11 months) - $75
Adult (12 months to 8 years) - $60
Senior - $40
FIV/FeLV Positive - NO FEE
(You must download the form to your computer and open in Adobe to provide a digital signature.)
Participating Adoption Partners
PetSmart - 5520 S Parker Rd, Aurora, CO 80015
PetSmart - 40 S Abilene St, Aurora, CO 80012
PetSmart - 2780 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80222
Chiuck and Don's - 6380 S Parker Rd #107, Aurora, CO 80016
What your adoption fees cover
Our adoption fees cover but a small percentage of the cost of caring for the cats & kittens until they find
their forever home. Many require hours of medical care before they are ready for adoption.
This includes such services as:
FIV/ FeLV testing
- FVRCP and FeLV (adults) vaccines
- Spay/ neuter surgery
- HomeAgain Microchipping
To facilitate the adoption process, please bring with you:
- All members of your household, excluding pets
- Proof that all animals in the household are spayed or neutered.
- Your government issued, picture ID
- Proof of address
- Your lease with pet policy included and the phone number of your landlord. Please note that if you are required to pay a pet deposit, fee/rent, you must provide a receipt of payment before we can release the cat to you.
The Adoption Process:
- Make an appointment to meet our cats and kittens.
- Complete the Adoption Application at home (preferably) or in person.
- Tour the Facility! An RMFR representative will guide you through the shelter and answer any questions you might have.
- Meet and greet cats that would be a good fit for your home. If you have a good idea of a perfect cat for you, we can introduce you to some potential matches. If you are interested in specific animals you have seen online, we will help you locate them in the shelter and answer any questions you might have.
- Spend some time with the cats/kittens. After the tour and we have answered any questions, relax and spend some time with the cats while we take care of the application process. Please understand that it takes more than a few minutes to decide if any one cat is the right cat for you.
- Discuss verified application. We may need clarification on adoption application responses. If there are things that need to be done before we can approve you for adoption, such as vaccinating your current cats or payment of a pet deposit, etc., we will let you know at this time.
- Discuss the cat(s) you have chosen. Not every cat is perfect for every household, and the cat(s) you choose might not be the best fit. RMFR has been around for 25 years and its employees are highly knowledgeable of the best adoption practices. We have the benefit of experience. Some of our cats have chronic health problems and need extra care, some will not tolerate children, and some are shy. When we determine the cat you have selected will be a good addition to your home, we can move on to the next step. If it is decided that a particular cat is ill-suited to your home, we will do everything we can to help you find another, better-suited animal.
- Complete the Adoption Contract. The adoption contract is approved by an RMFR representative and is a legally binding. Please read it carefully before you agree and sign.
- Discuss the cat’s medical record. We will schedule any needed booster shots and any unanswered questions or concerns.
What to Do If Your Cat Becomes Sick Within Two Weeks or Less After Adoption:
You will receive information about complimentary health care support with your adoption paperwork. Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue utilizes Return for Care which is a program developed by CVMA and CATalyst Council.
The Return for Care program provides newly adopted pets with a complimentary wellness exam at a participating veterinary practice. This exam must be scheduled within 5 working days of adoption. At this initial exam, the veterinarian will discuss your pet's health and core vaccination needs, as well as any questions or concerns you have. The initial exam is free of charge, thanks to the charitable efforts of participating veterinary practices. Charges may apply for vaccinations, treatments, or other medications for medical issues not related to a shelter illness. In addition, should your pet become sick with a shelter-related illness within 15 calendar days of adoption, the participating veterinary practice has generously committed to providing your pet with $250 worth of treatment, free of charge.
Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue maintains a vested interest in every adopted cat. If for any reason you have to find a new home for a cat or kitten you have adopted from RMFR, please contact the shelter.